Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Roman Index - Revolution 7" (1981, 1,2,3, Records)


Superb obscure UK diy dark post-punk band. Crazy this isn't more well-known even amongst die-hard collectors. This is one of those lucky finds I took a chance on some years back when I saw it for sell even though I had never heard of the band before because the seller claimed it sounded like Bauhaus meets Morrissey. Well, not quite... but that might make sense to someone who isn't deeply into these genre(s) --> and I wasn't disappointed! I have only seen it for sell once since the time I discovered it (3-4 years ago) and have had it on my eBay radar since for curiosity, so obviously quite rare.

Here is a video for an alternate version of the title track that appears on this 7" that seems have been uploaded by a band member based on the content (photos/flyers) so that you can check it out...



The Roman Index - Revolution 7" (1981, 1,2,3, Records)


01. Revolution
02. Burn Those Books

http://netkups.com/?d=01582faf6cc35
pass: kentuckyfriedwave

4 comments:

  1. Hello, great music blog - thanks for the Club of Rome and LBIA posts!
    If i can make a request...I'm searching for the Furyo bootleg Lp released in 1985 by Grim Humour fanzine on a tape which is impossible to find elsewhere. Any chance to get/upload that tape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review of The Roman Index.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it possible to get your link working again?

    ReplyDelete