Wednesday, August 31, 2011
VA: A Brûle-Pourpoint K7 (1984, Présence)
So much music always, but so little time to actually sit down and listen to most of it... and even less time to spend ripping records and tapes lately. I did squeeze some time in for this one. Ignore what discogs says, this one came out in 1984, which is clearly listed on the cassette and the booklet contains information in it regarding some releases that came out in 1984... Released on the Présence label, which was ran by members of Isolation Ward... so naturally mostly Belgian bands... but a few from France and one from the UK too (though recorded in Belgium). Many rare, obscure bands/tracks ranging from coldwave, minimal synth, new wave, post punk, and experimental. Here is a quick, vague description of the lot... to give you an idea.
01. Crime of The Kitchen - "Batgirl" // Belgium minimal synth/new wave with girl vocals, sounds similar to Vita Noctis
02. Isolation Ward - "Fifth Rate Puritains" // Famous Belgium coldwave / postpunk band... male singer on this track. The trumpets sort of give it that early Death In June feel ("We Drive East")... though this is certainly less dynamic, and much more lo-fi
03. Pip - "Wiskey Hour" // UK band... mournful experimental track with violin, percussion, female vocals, etc.
04. Digital Dance - "The Night Suite (Live 3-12-81)" // Belgian post-punk / new wave band... fairly well known I would think
05. DZ Lectric - "Chine" // France .. Instrumental, experimental minimal synth track... but good quality. This guy did tons of tapes (and one LP), often collaborating with Anton from Norma Loy.
06. Entrée En Gare De La Ciotat - "The Quest" // Belgium post-punk, new wave
07. North Pole - "Transhumans" // Belgium experimental, instrumental minimal synth track
08. Magnétique Bleu - "In The Night" // France, same guy from DZ Lectric with additional members. Coldwave, minimal synth, new wave... Best known for their tracks from the "Le Cimetière Des Passions" LP and their 7".
09-Bernthöler - "Extérieur Nuit" // Belgium, one of the darker and more obscure tracks I've heard by them... similar sound to their track from "Underground Belgian Wave Vol. 2" LP, but darker / less upbeat.
10. Nox - "Kano" // France, certainly similar to their early track "White Noise" from the "Rituals Dos Sadicos" K7 if you've ever heard it... I never really kept up on this band, so don't know how it compares to their later material that is probably better known...
11. Chemical Hours - "Hate" // Another Belgium band with a girl singer playing DIY new wave with some synths...
12. Venise - "Giepsies" // French coldwave, gothic, new wave band... I posted their 7" on this blog not too long ago. Often listed as a Belgium band, the booklet claims they are French, and this track was recorded in Paris as well.
13. Dirty Time - "Silence" // Belgium post-punk, cold... Factory Records influenced.
14. Michel D. - "Dead End Poison" // Belgium - experimental, instrumental track
15. Two Witnesses - "Mangeons Les Esquimaux Tant Qu'ils Sont Froids" // Belgium - experimental track
If I have the free-time, I will post something new late next week, if not.... then maybe the next week!